For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

First Look at Carve the Mark

Can I start by saying LOOK HOW GORGEOUS THIS COVER IS.
Okay, so Carve the Mark is the newest duology from Veronica Roth, otherwise known as author of the Divergent Trilogy. I was lucky enough to receive a first look (Chapter 7) of Carve the Mark! So far, it is 100% different from Divergent. This takes place in a very futuristic setting, setting the genre as teen fantasy. I'm not a huge fantasy fan, but I can see so much potential. 

What you need to know:
Carve the Mark is told from a female point of view.
Veronica has created new languages for the different cultures.
The characters have something called "currentgifts."
The oracle can see visions for the future, but the newest oracle supposedly cannot see these visions.
Ryzek, the POV's brother, wants to lead the Assembly.

Personally, I cannot wait to see what Veronica Roth has in store for us.
January 17, 2017 

No comments:

Post a Comment